Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Crazy week worthy of note

In the last fews things have gone a little crazier than usual. I worked all day Friday then rushed to get a costume (think 1950's officer Dangle with a real mustache), I got some stuff then went to get in my car. It refused to work as has the same symptoms as when it broke down 6 months ago on my trip to the Pacific Northwest. I celebrated Halloween, but went to sleep before two with work in the morning.

I was feeling a little sick Sunday, but not too bad. I toughed out work with lots of coffee. I went to work at another job Monday feeling like absolute shit, and I had my car towed to the repair shop. They were going to send me home, but a few people had already gone home. I couldn't really speak, but I made it out alive. Yesterday I barely slept then was supposed to work at 11 AM, but I went to the clinic (poor speak for "hospital") so I could get a prescription for antibiotics. I got someone to cover my work shift and I slept all day.

I watched the election results and went to sleep right after BrObama's speech. It was a great historic event with some partying to be done, but I wasn't quite up to it. I think it was the first time in years I have missed a day of work and a night of partying for being sick. It was devastating seeing Prop 8 pass here in California. This means that our state's constitution must define marriage as being on;y between a man and a woman. What's wrong with us people? The high speed rail initiative passed, but the bond that would have saved the state money and given incarcerated people a chance to go to rehabilitative programs was rejected by 60% of voters. Sometimes it seems like we have gone so far, and sometimes it seems like we are moving backwards.

I waited all day yesterday for a diagnosis on my car and the guy didn't call. He called me at 8 AM to say that nothing was wrong with it. Sure enough, I go to drive it and it works perfectly. Pay $70 and you can take it, Benhameen. I can breathe and swallow now and I'm pretty stoked on that. I still have a massive spider bite on my nose that seems to be growing even larger than it was a week ago when I got it. I can also drive, though I am confident my car is waiting until I don't suspect to break down again. It's a vindictive bitch like that. Unless you're reading this, car, I love you.

Enough.

1 comment:

  1. Damn sun... seems like the breaks go against you huh? All good...i know you're tough. Now what about the 944 piece you did for those clowns?

    ReplyDelete