Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Super High Me



I just watched the movie "Super High Me," a spoof on "Super Size Me." When I heard the title for the first time I thought it would be about a Mexican grocery store (Super Jaime), but it wasn't. In the movie, a comedian and stoner, Doug Benson, goes 30 days without smoking any weed, then goes 30 days high the entire time. He takes SAT tests, health tests, memory tests, and goes to work, which is doing a standup comedy routine about smoking weed.

It was interesting that he really suffered no consequences from smoking weed. His memory didn't get much worse, neither did his health, and the only thing that got bad was his math skills. It made me think too; if I were a standup comic I could be high all the time also. People with normal jobs that have to do math and interact with people don't have the luxury of being able to make people laugh and get paid for it.

I think maybe I have been applying to the wrong jobs, because doing standup seems like the easiest job of all time, and since I am still unemployed for the time being, I may just get really high, go tell some jokes, and get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment