Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Saturday and I'm Catching Up

It's Saturday night and I should be out partying. Then, I probably shouldn't have been out the last week straight on weeknights boozing and enjoying hangovers the next mornings. Such is the life of a man working lots of non-traditional hours. I have had a lot on my mind: surfing, the elections, women, wine, my health, life philosophy and traveling, all of which seem to ebb and flow in ways that are never quite convenient.

There's a certain beauty of living in a city if Venice could be called one. I think so. People everywhere, diversity. It makes me want to go to other cities and countrysides at the same time.

I recently had two visions that I was looking at myself from another perspective, and not necessarily in a good or bad way. In one I was taking out the trash at one of my jobs and I saw myself as much older, looking back at my young self and chuckling, saying that it will one day be much different and perhaps that I should enjoy this simplicity. In the other one I was at my restaurant job and I saw myself as old, turning 23 in a week. I couldn't believe that I was turning 23, seeing that as an old age. I was a young kid noticing how much had changed already.

I don't know how any of this is relevant, but that notion is irrelevant.

1 comment:

  1. toooootally on the same page. i have dreams all the time that i'm looking back on myself or removed from my physical being. there's never much resolution in them, but i love dreaming nonetheless.
    for me thought, i trip out knowing that i'm getting older every day. and that someday, i will be old, and i'll likely wonder where my youth and freedom and carefree nature went.
    you're awesome. if i had your number i'd definitely call you. hope all is well. i think we're going to be just fine after all.

    ReplyDelete