Monday, February 25, 2008

Quick Vegas Trip



I took a trip to Vegas yesterday and came back today to see my mom complete the course I did out there about 6 months ago. It was a great time, got to see a lot of my friends who I don't see or talk to enough, enjoy some sushi and enjoy the scenic drive.

I was on the way home this afternoon and about a mile from my house when I pulled behind a small VW with a man, woman and child in it. The car has Nevada plates, he was in the left lane of a four lane road and I couldn't pass him, but he was going slow as hell... probably 30 in a 40. So I love-tapped my horn and passed him right after when I got a chance to go. Well the guy wasn't too happy about the honk. He tailgated me then pulled next to me at the next signal and, quoth he, "Hey I'm from Vegas, I'm not from some freak town like you." I may have yelled something back as he drove away.



It was great. Here I drive 275 miles each without incident either way, don't sit in traffic except for right near my house, and some loco Las Vegan (is that what they're called?) gives me a clever and stern lesson on regional traffic differences. I have spent quite a bit of time in Vegas, and have driven myself just about every time. The traffic gets bad, but not that bad. The worst it gets is how the 10 and 405 freeways are basically all day. Still, having your head up your ass doesn't really pair well with driving no matter where you are. We drive as fast as we can when we can because it's always short lived. And freak town? Come on. Venice weirder than Vegas? That's a push, but I'm not even FROM here.

Thanks for the comedy sir. You probably know some people I know, and you probably aren't even a dick, as I assumed you may have been. You probably are witty too, though from your comment I have my doubts. It's good to go, and it's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment